Viara M. Todorova
Djingov, Gouginski, Kyutchukov & Velichkov
10 Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd
Tel: +359 2 932 1100
Fax: +359 2 980 3586
She provides on-going advice on various day-to-day or operational issues, corporate and commercial tax matters, liability and compliance procedures, individual and double taxation, and has represented a multitude of international corporations and businesses. Viara regularly writes publications on tax matter & developments in Bulgaria, which aim to assist international companies and businesses’ operations within the Bulgarian business environment.
- University of Sofia, Faculty of Law (LL.M., 1998);
- International Practice Diploma in International Mergers & Acquisitions, awarded by the IBA & the College of Law of England & Wales (2004);
- International Practice Diploma in International Joint Ventures, awarded by the IBA & the College of Law of England & Wales (2005);
- Certificate for successful completion of the IUSLAW Program U.S. Legal Methods: Introduction to U.S. Law. – George Washington University, Washington D.C. (2005);
- International Practice Diploma in International Arbitration Law, awarded by the IBA & the College of Law of England & Wales (2006);
- Certificate, Summer Course on European Taxation Law, Academy of European Law, Trier, Germany (2006)
We advise publicly and privately owned companies investing in Bulgaria, major international investment and commercial banks, securities firms, institutional investors, venture capital funds, industrial, utilities, service, distribution and retail companies, hotel corporations, real estate developers, non-profit organizations and international financial and development institutions. We also advise the Bulgarian Government on transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters.
We provide legal advice and services in Bulgarian, English, German, and French. As an integral part of the firm’s commitment to satisfy fully the needs of its clients we maintain professional relationships with a number of leading international law firms based in Europe and North America. Djingov, Gouginski, Kyutchukov & Velichkov is also a member of the Energy Law Group, a network of reputable, independent law firms in the energy law sector.
“Viara Todorova is a “brilliant specialist in the avoidance of double taxation,” though her expertise spans all direct and indirect taxation. Clients value that Todorova “combines perfectly a high profile of technical advice with a deep knowledge of our corporation.”